The Council is an alliance of individuals, businesses, and organizations associated with the extensive agricultural industry of the Kansas City region.
Mission: To advocate growth and awareness of the food, fiber, agri-science, and related industries in the Kansas City region
- To provide a forum to identify and discuss the potential impact of emerging issues and opportunities
- To educate elected officials and government leaders
- To advocate agriculture to industry, media, community and youth
- To encourage economic development and trade growth
- To facilitate networking and strengthen communication among Council members
Benefits to “Council” Members:
- Economic Data – The Council will support the compilation, evaluation, and data application regarding the agricultural industry’s economic impact on the region.
- Elected officials – An immediate goal is to educate public officials regarding the importance of the “farm to food” system to the region.
- Networking Opportunities – The Council will bring together agricultural professionals from across the region for regular events.
- Education – The Council will provide industrial leaders, and others, to speak before its membership regarding contemporary agricultural issues.
- Cost Reductions – Payment to networking and education events will be provided to membership at reduced costs.